- Topic: Learning from the Istanbul Biennial
- Topic: Recycling Salon Reviews
- d13 Website Shortcuts
- À rebours
- Directing Failure
- I am a Decoy
- Breath of Modernism: Entering the Fridericianum
- In the Middle of the Middle / The Brain is a Rock
- Inside Morandi's Vitrine
- Afghan Hotel
- Jimmie Durham's History of Heat
- Susan Hiller’s Jukebox World
- YouTube Assassins Archive
- Bird Bunker with Allora & Cazadilla
- The Legacy of Beuys' Erweiterter Kunstbegriff
- Raster Rhythms: Interview with Istanbul artist Cevdet Erek
- Human & Señor
- Images and Videos from Documenta 13
- About Matthew Schum
About Matthew Schum
Matthew Schum is a writer based in Los Angeles.
Schum is a PhD candidate in art history at the University of California, San Diego. Since joining the program he has worked for the Museum of Modern Art, the Walker Art Center and Flash Art International, taught modern art history in the US and the Netherlands, and collaborated with artists in Turkey, Germany and California. A 2012 curatorial fellowship highlighted the 30-year anniversary of the Stuart Collection at UCSD.
Documenting DOCUMENTA follows a similar project as the 2007 Istanbul Biennial for the haudenschild Garage. This newest project is inspired by nineteenth-century Royal Salon Reviews which created multifaceted texts in several installments instead of an exclusive magazine or newspaper article.