+58: The Urban Think Tank in Caracas, Venezuela
- The Project
- +58: The Urban Think Tank in Caracas, Venezuela
- FERRYTALE: Song Tao and Lin Yu in Shanghai, China
- Lux et Obscuritas: Nicholas Christenfeld in San Diego, California
- TROLLEYTALES: Lucia Sanroman in San Diego, California
- Your Receipt is in the Bag: Stephen Hepworth in San Diego, California
- Books: Diane and Jerome Rothenberg in San Diego, California
- TRAVELOG: The Original 1968 Transcript by Allan Kaprow
- Participant Biographies
The Urban Think Tank, consisting of directors, Alfredo Brillembourg and Hubert Klumpert, and their project team, Kwi-Hae Kim, Leonardo Lamedam, and Anna Wachtmeister, commented on what they called the “ubiquity and practicality of cell phone use created the habit of exchanging phone numbers between temporary acquaintances to long term friends.” They “acted as tourists guided by a local in the city of Caracas and collected cell phone numbers from the various people they interacted with.” Urban Think Tank Project Team was made up of Alfredo Brillembourg and Hubert Klumpert along with the team of Kwi-Hae Kim, Leonardo Lamedam, and Anna Wachtmeister.
Ubiquity and practicality of cell phone use created the habit of exchanging phone numbers between temporary acquaintances to long term friends.
For the duration of one day we acted as tourists guided by a local in the city of Caracas and collected cell phone numbers from various people we interact with. As we traveled through the poor and the wealthy areas of the city, the list of contacts and photos taken during the exchange were the record of this day long event. At the end of the day, all the contacts we collected were sent to the blog site which will contain information for the exhibition in Los Angeles. Through this site, one is able to participate in the exhibition by calling the number which were exchanged earlier that day.
¿Podrias darme su número de celular?
That’s our name. — Este es nuestro nombre.
+58 = Venezuela country code